Friday, June 11, 2010

Making a Mockery Draft

The past few years I've been doing the NHL Mock Drafts and really turning out to be a craptastic prognosticator. But, it's all in good fun, so why not try it out yet again. Maybe this year, I'll actually have some success, but even still-- I can't get into the minds of the NHL general managers; which makes it all the more challenging, but all the more fun to look ahead, as well.

While I won't explain in the main post why I picked who I picked where, I'll do what I can't explain if you question it. I will make this assumption though-- Taylor Hall will be the first overall pick because he has been consistently talked about and consistently good during his time in Windsor. Tyler Seguin kind of shot up the charts, but the Oilers need goal-scoring in a hurry and Hall will provide that more over Seguin.

DRAFT ORDER

1. EDM-- Taylor Hall, Windsor (OHL)
2. BOS (via TOR)-- Tyler Seguin, Plymouth (OHL)
3. FLA-- Brett Connolly, Prince George (WHL)
4. CBJ-- Cam Fowler, Windsor (OHL)
5. NYI-- Erik Gudbranson, Kingston (OHL)
6. TB-- Nino Niederreiter , Portland (WHL)
7. CRL-- Brandon Gormley, Moncton (QMJHL)
8. ATL-- Alex Burmistrov, Barrie (OHL)
9. MIN-- Nick Bjugstad, US High
10. NYR-- Derek Forbort, US Development Program
11. DAL-- Ryan Johansen, Portland (WHL)
12. ANA-- Mikael Granlund, Finland
13. PHX (via CGY)-- Jack Campbell, US Development Program
14. STL-- Austin Watson, Peterborough (OHL)
15. BOS-- Mark Pysyk, Edmonton (WHL)
16. OTT-- Vladimir Tarasenko, Russia
17. COL-- Quinton Howden, Moose Jaw (WHL)
18. NSH-- Evgeny Kuznetsov, Russia
19. LA-- Emerson Etem, Medicine Hat (WHL)
20. PGH-- Riley Sheahan, Notre Dame (NCAA)
21. DET-- Jarred Tinordi, US Development Program
22. PHX-- John McFarland, Sudbury (OHL)
23. BUF-- Tyler Pitlick, Minnesota State (NCAA)
24. ATL (via NJ)-- Alex Petrovic, Red Deer (WHL)
25. VAN-- Jeffrey Skinner, Kitchener (OHL)
26. WSH-- Brock Nelson, US High
27. MTL-- Jaden Schwartz, Tri-City (USHL)
28. SJ-- Calvin Pickard, Seattle (WHL)
29. ANA (via PHI)-- Dylan McIlrath, Moose Jaw (WHL)
30. CHI-- Charlie Coyle, South Shore (EJHL)

Odds are I won't do any well; mostly because I either went too on the line with some picks and too far out of reach on others. It's always a mind game, which I stink at more often than not. I'll be there in person, so if you hear about a guy yelling at each pick like a lunatic-- odds are it'll be me.

1 comment:

Vince said...

This looks pretty good but I bet Skinner and McIlrath are both gone by pick 20.